In coordination with the Performance Coaching Coordinator, this position is responsible for leading the implementation of the Dominican Republic Academy Strength & Conditioning Program. This includes but is not limited to leading the S&C weight room training, on-field movement skill development, pre-pitching/hitting skill acquisition activations, conditioning sessions and performance profiling testing. This position will function as a cohesive link between the Dominican Republic Academy and the Minor League Training Complex.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Performance Coaching coordinator, create group and individual player performance programs based on objective assessments and positional requirements.
- Assist in the development and coaching of energy system development programs that are position and player specific.
- Assist in the scheduling, programming and coaching of movement preparation, linear and multidirectional movement skill and speed, plyometrics, strength and power development, correctives, and recovery and regeneration protocols.
- Alongside the Dominican Republic Academy Performance Coaches, lead player performance profiling and workload monitoring. This includes force plate testing, strain gauge testing, and GPS workload monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Dominican Republic Academy Field Coordinator, Front Office, and Performance Coaching Coordinator to create daily and weekly schedules, with consideration for player physical development, baseball activity and recovery.
- Meet weekly with the Performance Coaching Coordinator to ensure a cohesive link between the Dominican Academy and the Minor League Training Complex.
- Lead player transfer reporting between the Dominican Republic Academy and the Minor League Training Complex, including online programs, performance profile reports, and workload reports.
- Communicate daily with the Dominican Republic Field Staff to collaboratively manage player workload.
- Create a weight room and field environment that is conducive to the development of player discipline/respect, weight room organization, and player autonomy.
- Understand the importance of flexible coaching and programming for both accelerated and long-term development with the DR Academy players.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and the drive to develop in their own specific professional domain.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the domains around them, for the betterment of the wider performance department.
- Build open and collaborative relationships with staff and players, putting the development of the team and players as the priority, at all times.
- Undergraduate degree in Exercise Science, Physiology, or related degree.
- NSCA CSCS and CPR/First Aid certification.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- 2+ years’ full-time experience in a similar role.
- Experience working with teams/athletes in high-level sport.
- Ability to lead and deliver sessions in a large group setting.
- Experience with developing and coaching aerobic and anaerobic energy system development programs.
- Experience with or desire to develop knowledge around programming and coaching linear/ multidirectional movement skills and to better understand skill acquisition.
- Familiarity with basic computer programs and skills including excel and word.
- Experience with conducting periodic player performance assessments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A positive, friendly personality with a passion for assisting others in achieving their goals.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to work unconventional hours.
- 2+ years’ experience working in professional baseball.
- Excellent computer program and technology skills including excel and word.
- Familiarity with athlete management systems, and online gym programming platforms, force plate systems, and player profiling.
- Evidence of continued professional development and education (Workshops, accreditations, etc.)
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Click the link below to apply!