MiLB Performance Coach (Low-A)
Department: Performance Department
DATE: November 1, 2023
LA DODGES CONTACTS:
- Brain Stoneberg – Director MiLB Performance Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carl Kochan – MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Provide a positive learning environment that fosters personal and team development for the
players and coaches. Our focus lies in the areas of physical performance related to baseball. This
includes, but not limited to players’ individual biomechanics, strength training, mobility, stability,
conditioning, performance nutrition, and recovery methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Testing and evaluating players in different movement patterns to help develop a needs analysis
Weight room progressions related to pitching or hitting needs, running mechanics, mobility
and/or stability deficits, as well as conditioning.
Correlating sports science and performance testing data to a player’s specific movement patterns.
Leading team stretches and teaching facets of performance, nutrition, and recovery to players and
Basic knowledge and application skills in performance nutrition which includes the NSF
certified for Sport program.
Help coordinate daily meal schedules during the season with coaching staff and catering
Assist performance department with constructing and coordinating in-season and off-season
programs specific to each individual players’ needs and goals.
Providing various reports in-season and off-season pertaining to athletes Dodger profile.
Communicating effectively with all staff members.
Work closely with performance and medical staff on return to play progressions when applicable.
Assist performance department with overseeing the nutritional needs for players at respective
Daily reporting to supervisors.
Bi-monthly and daily reporting to supervisors and player development staff.
Oversee all practices and games.
- Integrity, relentless positivity, and motivation for players, staff, and coaches.
- Communicating with all people involved with player development.
- Proficient with knowledge in high-performance sport such as exercise physiology, kinesiology,
performance nutrition, and biomechanics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience with sports science initiatives (workload monitoring, force plates, recovery, nutrition,
- Strong desire for continuing education (performance nutrition, FMS, SFMA, FRC, On Base
University, running mechanics, strength progressions, etc.)