Miami Marlins – Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach
Organization: Miami Marlins
MIAMI MARLINS MINOR LEAGUE STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach
SUPERVISOR: MiLB Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Strength and Conditioning
Be a contributing member of Strength and Conditioning Department. Who’s positive daily interactions reflect the desired outcome of each individual player. As a Strength and Conditioning Coach you will be required to report to all camps (Winter Development Camp, Early Camp, Fall Camp), Spring Training, and Championship Season as assigned. Affiliate to be determined. While in person, Strength and Conditioning Coach will implement individualized programs, while working with Medical and Field Staff. Strong communication skills within department for player movement and understanding of challenges player is facing. Off Season responsibilities will include, but not limited to, preparing off season programs, providing availability for player contact, Staff video calls, possible travel, continuing education, discovering new ideas/products/implementations for upcoming season.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Implementation and design of strength, flexibility, mobility, agility, speed, and conditioning programs for Minor League Camp players.
- Identify and prepare for daily routines, both individual and group settings, of the Strength and Conditioning program both in the weight room and on the agility fields.
- Assist daily warm-up and activation of team at home and on the road.
- Assist in the physical assessments and performance testing of all athletes.
- Assist in the daily operation, maintenance, and upkeep of strength training facility.
- Work with other High Performance Department members to ensure individual daily goals are met.
- Ability to quickly identify players readiness as chronic workload increases.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with all Marlins Staff (High Performance, Medical, Field, Front Office, Major League).
- Daily cleaning and upkeep of weight room.
- Inventory of all Strength and Conditioning supplements, equipment, and gear.
- Enforce compliance of weight room rules, including emergency procedures.
- Great time management, ability to quickly bounce between working independently and collaborating with ATC, Field Staff, Marlins’ Instructors.
- Take responsibility for development and administration of Individual strength and conditioning programs, within Athletes LTAP.
- Implement rehab and reconditioning programs with Major and Minor League Players.
- Research technologies, exercises, supplements, and health related topics.
Assist in maintaining database on computer, including player files and testing records on individual player progress.
- Be available to help with non-related baseball tasks, such as travel.
- Create professional relationships with local Affiliate Staff.
- Assist with designing organizational players off season workout programs.
- Communicate with players throughout off season keeping their programs updated and assuring they receive their required supplements.
- Work on projects to improve the Strength and Conditioning department as a whole and on the individual level. This includes, but is not limited to, researching current trends in Strength and Conditioning, data analysis/organization, equipment maintenance/acquisition, developing new Strength and Conditioning routines/workouts, visiting Strength and Conditioning departments of other professional sports teams/major universities, and attending clinics/workshops to improve individual and organizational knowledge and practices.
- Previous work experience as a Strength and Conditioning Coach, prior experience with baseball preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or a related field.
- Certification through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
- RSCC certification a plus.
- CPR certification through the American Red Cross.
- Strong computer knowledge including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office.
- Ability and drive to succeed as part of a performance team.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, leadership, and communication skills.
- Spanish speaking and reading skills preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and manage work within a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of organizational structure, goals, and mission.
- Represent the Marlins in a positive fashion to all business partners and the general public.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work and communicate in an extremely diverse environment.
- Ability to work extended days and hours, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to demonstrate various exercise techniques.
- Ability to sit or stand for an entire shift.
- Ability to move throughout all areas and levels of the Ballpark as needed.
please send CV or Resumes to Tim Rodmaker, firstname.lastname@example.org