MiLB Sport Performance Coach - Lansing, Michigan
Organization: OAKLAND ATHLETICS
Lansing, Michigan – Reports to Spring Training
The Oakland Athletics are seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Sport Performance Coach located in Lansing, MI for the 2024 season. The primary role of this position is to oversee and implement all aspects of the Oakland A’s strength and conditioning program. These positions report directly to the Minor League Sport Performance Coordinator and Asst. Sport Performance Coordinator. The position will report to Spring Training and then be based out of Lansing, Mi for the remainder of the season.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Minor League Sport Performance Coordinator and the Asst Sport Performance Coordinator on the implementation and supervision of the strength and conditioning program in all aspects.
- Evaluate, motivate, and educate athletes on all aspects as it relates to performance enhancement and health and nutrition.
- Provide players with individual corrective exercise programs, lead team stretch, schedule routines, and implement conditioning.
- Monitoring and tracking the daily workload of each individual player and the individual program progressions.
- Learn and utilize relevant technology
- Weight room set up, organization and cleanliness.
- Strong communication with all staff members
- Collaboration with relevant staff members
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to motivate high level athletes of various ages, experience, and training backgrounds.
- Must possess the skills and experience to assess an athlete’s physical preparedness, movement efficiency, and effort levels.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Exercise Science or a related field.
- Must possess a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the
- Must be First Aid / CPR certified.
- Preferred experience with technology (HR monitors, force plates, jump mat, etc)
- Minimum of 1 year working with a team or athletes in the strength and conditioning field
- Must have a passion for strength and conditioning, learning and a strong work ethic
Full time positions will begin on November 1, 2023. The part time position will begin at a later date. All contract details (salary, housing, meals, benefits) will be discussed during the interview process.
To apply, please send a short cover letter, resume, and references to: